***UPDATES COMING SOON***
Any Jo Boaler/Mathematical Mindset Clock Hours questions can be emailed to Ann Sipe at firstname.lastname@example.org
All other clock hour questions please contact Sandy Christie at
WSMC Clock Hour Chair P.O. Box 655 Selah, WA 98942 or email@example.com
BIG NEWS: Clock hours can now be paid online through PayPal.
FAQ for Washington State clock hour credit
for Stanford University/Stanford Center for Professional Development course How to Learn Math for Teachers and Mathematical Mindsets
Clock hours awarded by the Washington State Math Council
Questions – Scroll down to see answers
How do I get the clock hours for online courses?
What if I do not belong to the WSMC?
How do I join WSMC?
What if I do not want to join WSMC?
Question: How do I get the clock hours for this online course?
- Enroll and complete the course(es) for Stanford University/Stanford Center for Professional Development course How to Learn Math for Teachers and/or Mathematical Mindsets
- Print your record of completion – this will be available to you when you finish the course
- Fill out the course evaluation form(s)(hot link to the forms) available on the WSMC website.
- You may send the record of completion and evaluation in any of these formats:
- pdf files/scans/photographs – email to new email address via clock hours at WSMC
- printed copies – mail to Ann Sipe; 1002 Concord Way; Prosser, WA 99350
- Members in good standing with the WSMC do not have to pay any fees – Clock hours will be awarded and you will receive both a digital copy via email and a printed copy that will be mailed
Question: What if I do not belong to the WSMC?
Answer: Join! Seriously, the membership fee is less than the clock hour cost and there are other benefits to membership such as reduced fees for the annual NorthWest Math Conference (hotlink to the conference information). Explore this on our website (hot link to the membership benefits page)
Question – How do I join WSMC?
Answer: Download a membership application from our website http://www.wsmc.net/membership and follow the directions there.
Question – What if I do not want to join WSMC?
Answer: Send a check made out to WSMC for $40.00 (20 hours at $2.00 per hour) along with your copies of your record of completion and evaluation. These should be mailed to Ann Sipe; 1002 Concord Way; Prosser, WA 99350